Thursday, April 16, 2009
Graphic Writing
When I first opened this book, I was pretty excited to start to read since I have never even seen this writing style before. At first I could not connect with the book because, unfortunately, I did not know much about this issue. However, after getting knee deep in the reading, I thought that I could connect with Marji. Not because I went through anything even close to what she experience but I have also felt out of place and trying to fit in even when I knew my family would be disappointed with the person I was fighting to be. I was so proud of her when she finally got out of this stage of "caring". I think she then started to become some one she was more proud of. In the end, I was kind of upset for her that her marriage did not work out because she seemed to have such a hard time finding love so I was really cheering for her when she first found him at the party. Nevertheless, I was happy to see that she went back to Europe to become the independent woman that we all knew she was from the time she was young.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment